Why Dress Code is Important in a Dance Studio
The Dress Code at Bloom Dance Company has been specifically selected to ensure uniformity and simplicity. A reputable studio will enforce a Dress Code which defines the overall appearance of the student in terms of clothing and footwear. Not only does a Dress Code help develop the discipline necessary for performing arts, it actually provides a better learning experience for your child:
- It helps your dancer understand they are going to a structured class, compared to an unstructured playtime. Much like hockey players wearing skates and jerseys for practice, putting on a uniform helps dancers get into a specific mindset before dance class. Showing respect for the art in conduct as well as dress code helps foster the discipline it takes to learn a classical art.
- Helps foster a positive environment. When everyone is wearing the same uniform, it promotes equality amongst dancers and encourages a non-competitive environment. Wearing the same leotard as their peers allows dancers to focus on their dancing instead of name brands. This saves parents money in the long run, as they do not feel pressure to continually purchase the latest trends in dance wear.
- Ensures your dancer is participating safely. Dance teachers need to be able to see the dancers’ body lines to make sure they are executing the skills correctly and safely. When dancers are dressed appropriately in uniform, we can easily make changes.
- It promotes discipline. An important aspect of dance training is the development of discipline which begins with students arriving on time for their classes and neatly presented in the proper attire.
- Ensures the clothing is not a distraction during class. While pink fluffy tutus are adorable, we prefer to save the costumes for the stage. Taking away these distractions allows your dancer to get the most out of their class.
What To Wear
Please refer to our Dress Code section in each class for more details.
Where To Buy
For your convenience, dancewear and shoes can be purchased at our studio.
Our Boutique is open during regular Studio Hours:
Monday to Friday 3pm – 9pm
Saturday 9am – 12pm
If you have any questions about the Dress Code, please send us an email or visit the front desk. We understand that this is completely new for some parents, and we are here to help you!